How to Verify Domain Ownership in Google Search Console via Cpanel?
In order to verify domain ownership, complete the following steps:
- Go to Google Search Console.
- Click ‘Add Property’.
- Choose Domain and enter your domain name:
- Click ‘Continue’, you’ll be redirected to the next step.
- Copy the domain verification TXT record you’ll get:
- Log into your hosting. I’ll be using cPanel as an example as I’m on HostMyCode hosting.
- Find Zone Editor under Domains:
- Choose the domain you need to verify in Google Search Console and click ‘Manage’.
- Add a record and select TXT as a record type.
- Fill in the rest of the fields with the following information:
- Valid zone name – your domain name
- TTL – 3600
- Text – your verification text copied in step 3.
- Once you’ve filled in all the fields, click ‘Add record’ to save it.
- Go back to Google Search Console and click ‘Verify’.
Don’t worry if your domain ownership will not be verified right away in Search Console. At first, I got this:
It may take your DNS records time to update and Google to pick them up. In my case, the domain was verified in 2-3 minutes. I just tried clicking ‘Verify’ a few more times and here’s what I finally got: